The Department of Energy and Climate Change has launched another consultation on the CRC Energy Efficiency Scheme to encourage the uptake of on-site renewable energy. The consultation also hopes to exclude metallurgical and mineralogical processes from the scheme.
DECC will also be amending the CRC Order 2013 to simplify the wording to avoid double counting of energy supplies under the CRC, CCAs and the EU ETS when there is a landlord and tenant relationship.
Important dates for Phase 1 of the Scheme
- The compliance payment period is from 1st September to 20th September 2014.
- The rate is £12 per tCO2 on actual emissions reported in the 2013/14 Annual Report.
- Annual reporting period: 3 June 2014 to 31 July 2014
- Allowance ordering period: 3 June 2014 to 31 July 2014
- Payment period: 2 September 2014 to 20 September 2014
- Allocation period: 2 September 2014 to 15 October 2014
- Surrender deadline: 31 October 2014
Phase 2 of the scheme runs from the 1 April 2014 to 31 March 2019. The forecast payment period is from 1st June to 20th June 2014. The forecast rate is£15.60 per tCO2 and payment is based on a forecast of annual emissions. If a company opts out of purchasing forecasted credits, the compliance payment period is from 1st September to 19th September 2015 and payment will be £16.40 per tCO2, based on actual emissions
To find out more on how co2balance could help your organisation comply with the CRC Scheme please contact us here